A transponder key is one of the most effective ways to protect our vehicle from thieves and other malicious objects. Due to the complexity, it is difficult to interfere with or crack the above mechanism quickly.
If you accidentally lose the key, you will need to spend a small amount on replacing it.
There is another way to unlock the vehicle without spending too much money. And in the article below, I will guide you on how to disable the transponder key system without key using the most economical method available today.
How To Disable Transponder Key System Without Key?
Here are some methods we can use to disable the transponder key system without a key and save a large amount of money on repairs. Of course, you must also prepare some necessary tools to work more efficiently.
Using Fob key
Like regular keys, some key fobs can activate the system with just a few simple steps. If you own this device, you can easily disable the transponder key and start the car without the chip key .
However, it would help if you also considered compatibility and locking features carefully. There will be some dangerous operation of the lock, which makes it difficult for the control process.
In addition, it is also essential to ensure the power of the key fob. Therefore, you should refer to the steps to check and replace the battery right below
- Step 1: Turn the key fob upside down, and you will see an area to remove the battery cover. If you don’t know this part, you can try sliding the lock down because some devices will use this action to open the battery compartment cover.
- Step 2: If you don’t have a battery, you can insert it and continue using it. Conversely, if the battery is still in the key fob, it is best to check it with a tool like a multimeter before reusing it.
- Step 3: If there is a leak from the battery, you need to throw away the old products and conduct cleaning to remove the remaining substances in the battery slot.
Electrical system interference
Any electronic system will need energy from the electrical system to keep it running. And, of course, Transponder Key System is no exception in this case. It is also a trait that we can exploit to bypass defense mechanisms.
However, the Transponder Key System has a rather complicated structure, and the power lines connected to this mechanism are also deep inside the system. In other words, you will need to disassemble many parts to access these parts.
Therefore, intervention through the electrical system is only possible if you know a lot about the vehicle and its internal mechanisms. So I advise you not to experiment.
How To Program A Car Key Without The Original?
Many people think that programming a car key with the original is possible. But you can still do it in practice using a vehicle equipped with the PATS 1 system.
As for cars using mechanisms based on PATS 2, we will need specialized machines such as ford transponder key programming tool; only then can it work.
In the next part of the article, I will help you determine what steps to take to reset the key.
- The first step of programming any set of keys begins with inserting the device into the lock. Then you need to activate the system by turning the key
- Next, you will need to observe the security lights. Usually, this mechanism will last for about 15 minutes or less. As soon as the light goes out, you will have to wait another 3 minutes to continue the operation
- After about 18 minutes, quickly turn the key back to its original position and continue to start the cycle of turning and opening and waiting for another 15 minutes.
- Continue to perform the above process about one more time, and you should stop because the system has recorded the key, and we can continue to use it as usual.
- To copy the key code to a new set of keys, you still need to insert the tool into the lock on the car and turn it in the starting direction.
- Wait about 5 seconds, then reverse to turn off the system
- Repeat the above on-and-off process 2 to 3 times continuously or until you hear the notification sound. It is a sign that the medium is starting the copying process
- Now use the key you want to write the code on, plug it into the lock, and turn it to the start. You should remove the key as soon as another sound is heard because the copying process is complete. If you want to get Ford transponder key copy, you must follow the same steps.
What Is A Transponder Key System?
Transponder Key or chip key is a common name for many systems using electronic keys with microchips. Each set of locks has a relatively complex structure when combining many different mechanical and electronic mechanisms.
The Transponder Key’s special feature lies in each vehicle’s unique serial number. Only the manufacturer or authorized centers have the tools and authority to intervene in key immobilizer code.
Every vehicle sold will come with one or two programmed keys. The manufacturer will write in the chip the coding number that matches the set of numbers available in the car. And the lock only opens when the similarity has been verified based on the set above of authentication numbers.
How Do Transponder Keys Work?
The transponder key’s operation process is relatively more complicated than many imagine. Different systems will often have different communication methods. But most of it is based on a fixed set of steps that I will introduce below
- First, when you between keys in the lock on the car, the chip on the lock will emit an encrypted signal of the available security number sequence.
- At this time, the vehicle broadcast mechanisms controlled by the ECU will begin to pick up the password and give feedback to perform parallel checks.
- In fact, Transponder Key has both the ability to receive and transmit dedicated waveforms for authentication. So the chip inside will once again welcome and decode the information from the returned vehicle.
- When all transmissions have been completed, the computer inside the car will turn off the protection and allow the engine to run.
- Conversely, when a difference in the decoded signal is detected, the system will remain protected, and you will need to intervene differently.
Can I Program A Transponder Key Myself?
You can still program the Transponder Key if you own all the devices and know the chip type and confirmation code according to the manufacturer’s standards.
It is challenging to gather all the necessary elements to manipulate, especially the code. Because this is quite sensitive information, and only a few places agree to share it if you don’t work there. So you should take the vehicle to a service center or garage to have it reprogrammed.
In addition, spending a bit of money on hiring a professional will save you more time than trying at home. You will also avoid trouble from accidentally damaging other delicate mechanisms in the car lock assembly.
How To Check If My Car Has A Transponder Key
If only looking at the appearance, it is easier to distinguish Transponder Key and other key lines. Therefore, it is best to consult the product or consult with experts before buying. We will be apparent in the documents and through advice from a professional.
In addition, the purchase price and the cost to repair the Transponder Key are often relatively high compared to the common ground. You can still rely on this feature to make your judgments.
Can You Bypass A Transponder Key System?
There are several ways to bypass the transponder key system, such as manipulating the electrical wires underneath or soldering the ignition wire. There are still other methods that are less common and more difficult to implement that I will not list.
The common point of all the above methods is that they are highly complex and unsuitable for home self-implementation. Instead, go to the store or garage for assistance.
What happens if you lose your transponder key?
If you do a few keys, the car will not be able to start. In this case, you will need to find a spare key to use. If it is unavailable, we need to take the car to the dealer, then show the proof and wait for support.
What happens when you start a car without a transponder key?
You need to have the correct connection code to start the car. All mechanisms are deactivated because the vehicle is locked.
How do thieves steal cars with transponder keys?
Thieves will not target the Transponder Key, but they will try to find the Fob key or other devices that are easier to use or interfere with. Thieves will locate and steal these tools in various ways and then intervene and unlock the vehicle.
How do you turn an ignition switch on without the key?
You can insert a screwdriver into the system, find a hammer, and apply the right amount of force to the tool mentioned above. This action helps to push the pointed end of the screw in deeper to form the starting lever.
How do I stop my car thieves scanner?
You will need bags that block the signal or a shirt thick enough to prevent waves from the scanner from reaching.
With all the knowledge in today’s article, I hope you already know how to disable the transponder key system without a key. At the same time, I learn more about how to work with the above complex system.