The Honda Accord is well-known as a sedan that offers a great driving experience to its users. However, these cars still have some problems related to the keychain system. It is broken or not working correctly. Currently, there are many reasons for the Honda Accord key fob not working. The following article will give you 10 keychain-related problems and how to fix them in each case.
Honda Accord Key Fob Not Working: Common Causes
A Honda Accord car can encounter many problems, such as The trunk lock not working or the keychain being damaged for unknown reasons. However, this article will only refer to the problem of the Honda Accord key fob not working. Here are the common issues you may encounter with your Honda keychain.
Recommend Reading: Smart Key Malfunction Toyota Camry: Damage Signs & Fix
Honda Accord Key Fob Not Working After Battery Replacement
After replacing the battery for the Honda Accord key, the programming code may have been interrupted in the process. At that time, the code inside will no longer be correct, causing all the keys on the key to execute the following control command.
To work around this situation, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Turn on the ignition switch of the Honda Accord.
- Step 2: Look at the key and press the button between the audio and CD controls. Then you hold until the remaining steps are completed.
- Step 3: You press the “lock” and “unlock” buttons back and forth until the FOB transmitter accepts the code and the electric door turns.
- Step 4: If you do and do not get positive results, you should seek the help of professionals. They will assist you in performing a code reset.
Honda Accord Key Fob Light Stays On
The main reason the red light of the key stays on is that the button part is stuck. To fix it, use your screwdriver to select the jammed amount. If the light is still red, you will need to reprogram all the key presses.
To reprogram, follow the instructions in the above problem. If you can still fix it, you should seek professional help.
Honda Accord Key Fob Won’t Lock/Unlock
In case the Honda Accord keychain is out of battery, or the battery is low, this device will not be able to work. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the lock button or press the alarm button on the smart key to check the signal strength.
- Step 2: If you detect a weak or no signal, move the key closer to the car until the password appears. If you don’t get a response back, you will need a new battery for your keychain.
- Step 3: Once you have successfully set up the signal, you will hear the sound of the lock and unlock the door. This sound can be a car horn if you have repeatedly pressed the lock button.
Honda Accord Key Fob Battery Low
In case the essential intelligent battery does not have enough power, it will not be able to work stably. At that time, replacing the battery is necessary.
If you have ever performed this task and have problems with your keychain, then you should seek the help of professional locksmiths. They will help you achieve battery replacement and ensure the lock code is not faulty.
Honda Accord Key Fob Not Locking
When the intelligent key can’t lock your car, there’s a good chance something is open. It can be the car door and the car trunk. Therefore, make sure that these parts are completely closed. This check is an effective method to help you fix this problem.
In addition, you should also check the door latch and the hood latch. When one of these two parts fails, your key will not be able to lock the car door correctly.
Honda Accord Will Not Unlock with Key
When your Honda Accord cannot unlock with the key, the cause may come from the transceiver signal. If this is the real cause, you can fix the problem by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Press the unlock button and the alarm button on your key to determining the signal’s actual status.
- Step 2: If no signal is displayed, move closer to the car until the password appears. If the password is still not showing, you need to replace the battery of your keychain.
- Step 3: When the signal has recovered and stabilized again, you will hear the sound of locking and unlocking the door.
Recommend Reading: How To Fix Problems With Your Honda Accord Trunk?
Honda Accord Key Stuck/Won’t Release
You should handle this situation gently when your intelligent Accord Honda key is stuck in any position, such as a jammed button or keyhole. Intentionally yanking it out of the lock will cause the key to break in half or cause many other serious problems.
To be able to remove the key successfully and effectively, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Turn the key repeatedly to the right or left while gently shaking it.
- Step 2: If the key is still stuck inside, use grease and put it in the lock. At that time, the key will probably slip out. Take advantage of the small gaps safety lock to pump oil inside.
- Step 3: When both methods do not work, let the critical cool down for about 1 minute and try turning the lock back and forth one more time. If the problem cannot be fixed, you should seek a locksmith’s help.
Honda Accord Steering Wheel Locked Key Won’t Turn
A locked steering wheel is a fairly common problem these days. Pulling the steering wheel in one direction while parking can cause a close lock. To fix it, you can follow these steps:
- Step 1: Gently shake the wheel part until it loosens
- Step 2: Gently turn the key in on the mode in the electric socket, and shake the steering wheel.
- Step 3: If both of the above steps do not work, you should seek the help of a mechanic.
Honda Accord Not Recognizing Key
The main reason cars do not receive the critical signal is that the signal strength needs to be better. To fix this situation, follow the steps above in sectionHonda Accord Key Fob Won’t Lock/Unlock.
Honda Accord Keyless Entry Not Working
You can solve this problem by resetting the signal or replacing the battery for the key. All the steps are already in the upper part of this article. You can refer to “Honda Accord Key Fob Won’t Lock/Unlock” to reset the key signal. If you are not confident in changing the keychain battery, you should consult a professional locksmith.
Why did my crucial fob stop working?
There are many reasons why the intelligent Accord Honda key stops working: out of battery, weak signal, or wrong code. All of these problems appear in the article, and you can refer to the Troubleshooting instructions in each specific section.
Do I need to reprogram the Honda key fob after changing the battery?
You can reprogram the key after replacing the battery. Usually, this will happen if you replace the battery and cause the control code to fail. You will need a code reset so the controls can work properly again.
Can I program a Honda key fob myself?
You can reprogram your Honda Accord key yourself. The execution will be based on the keystrokes on the keychain. You can refer to how to reset at Honda Accord Key Fob Not Working After Battery Replacement of the article.
How much does it cost to reprogram a Honda Accord key?
The price of one time you reprogram the key ranges from $90 to $140. It depends on the feature and type of control.
Hopefully, the article will help you better understand the problems related to Honda Accord key fob not working. There are many reasons for this to happen. If you are not confident in changing the battery, you should seek a professional locksmith’s help. Because incorrect battery replacement can cause the control code part to fail.